UPDATE YOUR DATA CARD
What is a Data Card?
The Data Card is a form that is required at least annually by the NECA-IBEW Welfare Trust Fund in order to process claims on behalf of you and your Dependents. The Data Card contains your information, your family's information, your Spouse's employment information, as well as information about any other insurance that you or a family member may have.
Things to Know
- You must complete a Data Card annually even if you are NOT making changes.
- If you are married, you and your spouse MUST complete the Data Card with the Spousal Employment Insurance Coverage Verification. Each of you will need to sign where applicable.
- Paper copies of the Data Card will be mailed in December of each year to those Participants who have not yet completed an annual electronic Data Card in November.
- You and/or your Dependents' claim(s) may be denied if your completed annual Data Card is not received by the Fund Office by January 1 of the applicable year.
When do I need to update my Data Card?
Data Cards are required to be updated annually in November-December of each year, or anytime your information changes, including but not limited to any of the following:
- Changes in Spousal employment status
- Adding or deleting family members: new baby, adoption, or stepchildren
- Marital status changes: married, divorced, or widowed
- Changes in other insurance coverage for Spouse or Dependent(s)
- Change of address (this can also be given to the Fund Office over the phone)
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Fund Office at 1-800-765-4239.